Competent and effective management of the projects of local and regional development, implemented in urban-type settlements, villages, towns, cities, and regions, can significantly improve the efficiency of local government and municipality.
Leadership at the level of local self-government is the ability to identify problems in the social and economic development of one or another area, have a clear Vision, be able to develop a Concept, elaborate a Strategy, and a specific Plan of its implementation by involving all (or most of) the representatives of the local community in the project. Leadership is also a skilful project regulation and competent application of other public authority tools with the use of the system of knowledge of strategic planning and management, regulation of administrative and public services.
Our course is a training, specially developed for the group of representatives of local and regional authorities and local self-government, local deputies, public leaders and representatives of the business environment. The total number of participants is limited to 30 people (each of whom will be provided with all necessary materials and access to our e-science system).
The Course Program
The course consists of three interactive stages:
(duration — 5 days)
- Introduction to strategic planning and management with the result-oriented goals. .
- Identification of the goals.
- Strategy map.
- Monitoring the process of achieving the goals.
- Strategic initiatives.
- Strategic result.
- The peculiarities of planning, elaboration and realization of European strategies, program, projects, and plans of regional and local development.
- The budget process in the countries of the European Union.
- The programs and projects of cross-border cooperation.
- Basic concepts of management — project, program and project portfolio. Their goals and management features.
- The life cycle of projects.
- Classification and project stages.
- Project selection criteria.
- Types of projects.
- The organizational structure of projects.
- The duties of the project manager in different organizational structures..
- Roles, powers and responsibilities of project participants.
- The guidelines for the management of the project life cycle.
- The standards of the European Union.
(duration — 5 days)
- Conceptual note. Full application form. .
- Preparation of the project schedule.
- Estimation of the interrelations and duration of the operations and the events.
- PERT method.
- Estimation of the resources, needed for the project implementation.
- Calculation of the critical path.
- Estimation of time reserves.
- Methods to shorten the duration of the project.
- The development of the project budget.
- Identification of the risks.
- The register of the risks.
- Qualitative and quantitative methods for assessing project risks: sensitivity and expected cash flow analysis, modelling and simulation.
- Risk response strategies.
- Calls for project proposals and applications in EU programs.
- Calls for strategic and small projects: peculiarities of preparation, planning and development of the project.
- Selection process and criteria.
(duration — 5 days)
- Project implementation. The formation of the team.
- Areas of expertise of project participants: leadership, focus, motivation, self-control, understanding of values and other characteristics.
- Development of the team.
- Motivation and encouragement of the staff.
- Conflicts within the project and their management.
- Communication and reporting within project implementation.
- Management of the purchases.
- Types of contracts and risks, associated with the use of different types of contracts.
- Project monitoring. Control of the budget realization.
- Balancing the project budget by content, terms, cost.
- Completion of the project.
- The project lessons. .
- Project success criteria.
- Recommendations for team building and elaboration of the project management system.
- Practical work on the preparation of specific conceptual notes and complete application forms (supporting documents and annexes) for applying for real competitions of EU cross-border and international programs.
The application period for the course starts on May 1, 2018.
We invite you to fill in the application form.
The cost of a 15-day Leadership Course
is 1 000 €+900 PLN (a one-time fee)
We encourage you to fill in the application form and choose a convenient form of payment.
The course is realized with the support of
the University of Finance and Management / the University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw.
2017–2018Coordinator of the project of the European Union within Cross-border Cooperation Programme Poland–Belarus–Ukraine 2013–2020. The title of the project: Cross-border Centers for Dialogue of Cultures Poland–Belarus–Ukraine.
2016–2018Rector of Institute of Urban Studies at V.I. Vernadsky Taurida National University, Kyiv, Ukraine.
2014–2016Coordinator of the project of the European Union within Cross-border Cooperation Programme Poland–Belarus–Ukraine. The title of the project: Establishment of the Informational Complex in the Sphere of Cross-border Eco-Friendly Tourism at the Euroregion of Buh.
2011–2014Coordinator of the project of the European Union within Cross-border Cooperation Programme Poland–Belarus–Ukraine. The title of the project: Modernization of Zoos in Zamość and Lutsk, and the Elaboration of the Conceptual Foundation of Recreational Areas in Rzeszów for the Development of Cross-border Natural Tourism.
2013–2015Prorector of Volyn Institute of Economics and Management.
2013–2016PhD candidate at Scientific and Research Institute of Economics, Kyiv, Ukraine.
2014City mayor’s counsellor, Lutsk, Ukraine.
2010–2013Deputy mayor, Lutsk, Ukraine.
2010Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the open joint-stock company "Kovelsilmash"; Director of the municipal enterprise "Airport-Lutsk".
2005–2009Deputy head of Volyn Regional State Administration.
2006–2010Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Volyn Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund, founder of the regional business incubator in Volyn.
2006–2007Associate Professor at the Department of Public Finances at Lesya Ukrainka East European National University, Senior Researcher at National Academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
2003–2005Expert of the European Union project Improving the environment for the development of small and medium business in Ukraine
2001–2002Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Association of Manufacturers "Ukrspetslismash"
1998–2001Chairman of the Board of the open joint-stock company "Kivertsispetslismash"
1996 –1997Head of the Information and Analytical Department of the investment company "Mast-Invest".
1991–1992Technician at the Laboratory of the Research Institute of Automated Control Systems at Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics (Tomsk, Russia)
2010–2012 rLeadership Academy of the Council of Europe
2003–2007PhD in Economics, National Academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine. The title of the dissertation: Efficiency of state regulation in regional economics.
2001–2003Master in State Management, National Academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine.
1998–2001PhD Candidate in Economics, Kharkiv National University of Economics. The title of the dissertation: Entrepreneurial model of crisis management of enterprises.
2000HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Germany, training.
1992–1996Kharkiv National University of Economics, an engineer-economist.
1990–1992The Research Institute of Automated Control Systems at Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics (Tomsk, Russia), a technician of the 1st category in microprocessor technology and automated control systems.
1986–1990Lviv Technical College of Industrial Automation, a mechanical engineer in the field of control systems of industrial robots.
Awards and Distinctions:
- Laureate of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Award "For Contribution of Youth to the State Building"
- Person of the year of Volyn region in the nomination "Businessman of the year".
- Acknowledgements of the Chairman of the Regional Council and the Chairman of the Regional State Administration "For Paying Taxes" 2002
- Acknowledgement of the President of Ukraine "For Creating a Dignified International Image of Ukraine". 2008
- Acknowledgement of the Prime Minister of Ukraine "For an Important Personal Contribution to the Development of Entrepreneurship and Significant Achievements in Professional Activity".
- Acknowledgement of the Head of the Regional State Administration "For Development of Local Self-Government".